June 3 & 4, 2017
- Get Your Legs in Gear
- Fasten the Straps of Your Bike Helmet
- Prepare your lungs to be filled with some clean country air & your eyes for some breathtaking views as we pedal around Kokanee Glacier!
Proceeds from the ride help support local, regional and global initiatives. Last year we supported Romania Relief and Syrian Refugees!
This is Not A Race!
Over two days we are going to cycle from Nelson – Kaslo – New Denver -Slocan and then back to Nelson.
Take your time. Enjoy the scenery, recharge your batteries with great food, lots to drink, and stimulating company and above all – HAVE FUN.
How It Happens…
- Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 – 7:30 a.m. at First Baptist Church (611 – 5 Street Nelson, B.C.) – pick up P.A.G.E. package, drop off gear and get in on the group photo.
- 8:03 a.m. – Leave Baptist Church (we hope)
- Check in at Balfour food and water station
- Next check point – Kaslo (lunch)
- Fish Lake check point – food and water
- Stop in New Denver at Municipal campground (basecamp). Those spending the night here will set up camp; those who have made other arrangements will register, then meet back at base camp for dinner around 5:57 p.m., and an evening of songs, stories and prizes by the campfire.
- Rise and shine, Sunday at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast at the campground.
- Check point (food & water) at the viewpoint overlooking the Village of Slocan & Slocan Lake.
- Lunch – provided for you at Sleep Is For Sissies @ Winlaw.
- Check point at Crescent Valley, at the junction of Hwy. 3A & 6 (beside the Kootenay Savings Credit Union building) – food & water.
- Finish where you started – First Baptist Church
Congratulations! Let’s do it again next year!
Registration Fee includes:
- Saturday lunch in Kaslo
- Camping fees in New Denver
- Dinner in New Denver
- Sunday breakfast in New Denver
- Sunday lunch at Winlaw restaurant
- Food & water stations – both days
- Transporting of your overnight gear. ** Please tag your baggage.
- Support vehicles provided
- Chance for prizes on Saturday night
- AND a P.A.G.E. t-shirt!
* Riders are responsible for their own supplies (e.g. repair kits, extra tubes, suitable clothing, water bottles and cycle helmet.
* Bicycle Helmets are Mandatory (It’s the law in B.C.).
* If a rider wants to ride only certain parts of the tour, they need to provide their own transportation.
* Tip – Before you leave home, be sure you have proper medical coverage for travel in Canada.
Please register early – space may be limited.
We would like to know by 4:15 p.m. on May 19th, 2017 whether or not you are coming. Thank you!
So, What’s Next?
Here’s our .pdf registration:
NEW DENVER Accommodation Guide*
New Denver Municipal Campground
(Note: Camping fees are included for Riders – No arrangements are necessary)
Ph. (250) 358-2316
Sweet Dreams Guesthouse
Ph: (250) 358-2415
Fax: (250) 358-2556
Ph. (250) 358-2228
Fax: (250) 358-7989
Villa Dome Quixote
*Accommodation arrangements (other than camping) are the responsibility of the rider – please reserve early.
* Please confirm prices with proprietors.
This event is organized and sponsored by First Baptist Church, Nelson. Any surplus after expenses will be put towards First Baptist Church special projects.
The congregation of First Baptist Church also appreciates the help from all the various sponsors who play a major role in making this ride possible year after year. Here are the sponsors who helped make our 2016 ride so successful:
Gerick Cycle & Sports
Nelson & District Credit Union
Water Pure & Simple
North Division Bicycle Shop (Spokane, WA)
Big Cranium Design Inc.
Nelson A & W
Main Street Diner
RE/MAX RHC Realty
The Sacred Ride
The Nutrition House
Sleep Is For Sissies
Ron Bogusz (Nasmyth, Morrow & Bogusz)